Every corporation has a responsibility to the environment to make the least possible impact to conduct business. No where is this more important than with a company that thrives on people enjoying the environment. Therefore, we've actively conducted every facet of business in the most environmentally responsible way since day one. Are we perfect, no. Are we striving to improve, yes.
Here are some ways that we are reducing our environmental footprint:
- We source our products from local vendors whenever possible. Northern Lites are made in Wisconsin; Dion Snowshoes are made in Vermont.
- We operate out of our family home office. Therefore, the net impact of the business over our already existing home is zero.
- All lighting in the home office is CFL.
- All packaging for internet orders is sent in reused boxes. (Don't be surprised if your order is in an odd box.)
- All recyclable waste gets recycled.
- We raise worms (vermiculture) to make awesome compost out of food scraps.
- Our internet hosting service gets 130% of its energy from wind (www.hostgator.com).
- Our company vehicle gets 30mpg highway.
- We support foundations that support protecting the environment.